December 8, 2015

Reminder

Mark your calendar for December 17th!  Our Annual Christmas Party!  We have asked John Fackrell to present a "Trunk Show" for us this year.  If you have never attended a trunk show, you are in for a real treat.  A trunk show showcases one artist's work.  John will be sharing his award winning watercolors with us after dinner.  During dinner we will be listening to some amazing Christmas music from CD's, enjoying each other's company and we will have a gift exchange, so please remember to bring a small (under an 8" x 10") painting to exchange.  Time: 6:30-8:30, or come a little early and help set up the cafeteria!


Please mark your calendar for our first monthly meeting, January 21, 2016!  Spike Ress from southern Utah will be demoing his amazing landscapes for us.  I was lucky enough to watch Spike's demo this past year, when he was a guest artist for the Utah Watercolor Society.  In just a matter of a few minutes, he changed how I paint landscapes!  Really!  He made it possible for me to understand how to paint canyon walls with a few strokes of his brush.  I was in awe!  I know you will not want to miss this monthly demo, so mark your calendar!  Take a minute to visit his website, by clicking his name above.  It is a direct link to Spike's beautiful paintings.

Want a new challenge for 2016?  I love a good challenge, especially if it involves watercolor painting.  John Fackrell will be teaching a 3rd, 6-week workshop, but this time it will be about painting just one large painting.  When I say large, I mean 1/2 sheet!  That's the challenge! Yup!  We will be painting the Park City (white) Barn, the one that is on the National Historical Registry and pictured here.  (This is an image I took last week, but it is very similar to John's).  With this, we can learn how to paint snow, mountains, bushes, shadows, etc. etc. etc.  Each week we will be learning something else and at the end of the workshop, we will have a beautiful painting!  $45 and only a few seats (3) are left! I am collecting payments now, so reserve your seat!  You can give me a check at the Christmas Party or on Monday afternoons, when I'm at the Senior Center.  (Please make your check out to Sandy Senior Center).

Don't forget to pay your 2016 Membership dues!  They are due on January 1st, but you can pay at the Christmas Party or January 21st monthly meeting.  (Make checks out to: Sandy Senior Center)

Have questions, give me a call: (Cindy) 801-6749503





No comments:

Post a Comment