February 15, 2019

More from Cindy Briggs!


www.cindybriggs.com


Cindy Briggs February 2019  Newsletter - In Love with Color
 


In Love with Color

I've decided this year I'm focusing on Color, this month it's RED!  Why we love the color red?  Red roses and hearts are given on Valentine's Day to symbolize passion and pure love.  Red is the color of good luck in Asia.  Red can symbolize confidence, courage, intense emotion, and energy.  The color red can make you hungry. Often when red is in a painting it becomes the focal point.

When I use red in a painting I often vary the color, mixing and mingling Cadmium Red, Cadmium Orange, Quinacridone Red and sometimes adding some Phthalo Blue Green Shade to lean towards Purples. In my video above, I show how I simply vary my colors in this wet-in-wet watercolor painting.  This is how I teach;  start simple and then take it to the next level and then the next and the next...  Happy Valentine's Day today and every day.  Cindy 




2019 Workshops


I'm working on new online series to be announced in the Spring...watch for details.   Quick Sketch will also open up for those who missed it last November.  

Paint Dreamy Tuscany, Italy

October 3-10, 2019
Waiting List Only!  You'll enjoy stunning painting locations in this travel package that includes our watercolor journaling workshop, Italian speaking guides, lovely accommodations, travel during workshop, many meals, daily breakfasts and more.  


Kimball Art Center - Park City, Utah

For details and to sign up call the Kimball Art Center at 435.649.8882
https://kimballartcenter.org/art-classes/ Next Week:  February 21, Easy Sketch Watercolors 10-4
February 26, Radiant Roses 10-12:30
February 26, Sculpting in Watercolor, 6-8:30
March 26-April 16 Watercolor Fundamentals Tuesdays Noon to 3 


Park City Plein Air

Mid July - watch for information to come on this Make Every Day A Painting Journaling Plein Air Workshop around beautiful Park City, Utah.  We'll be going painting on location, enjoying the landscapes and cityscapes and have time for Main Street shopping and dining.


University of Utah, SLC 

February 23, Colors of Utah in Watercolor 10-3
March 23 & 30, Watercolor Quick Sketch 10-3

Here's a Link to a video of me talking about this class. 
March 26-April 18 Beginning Watercolors on Tues & Thurs 6-8:30pm
801-581-6461 Call to sign up or visit www.continue.utah.edu/


Sandy, Utah  

March 16, Cindy Briggs Watercolors
Sandy Watercolor Guild Demonstration & Workshop. 9:30-3:30.  http://sandywatercolorguild.blogspot.com/


Bend, Oregon 

June 3-4, Quick Sketch Watercolors, Discover how to draw with flowing lines and paint with flowing mingled watercolors.  9:30am to 3pm.  
June 6-7,  Sunlit Watercolors, Capture the sunlight with your paintbrush in this watercolor workshop. 9:30am to 3pm.
Call to sign up at 541-617-1317 or visit www.bendparkandrec.org



Happy and In Love 
You haven't heard from me for awhile because I've been a bit busy.  I'm happy to announce that I was married on January 2nd to my sweetheart, Alan.  My life is going in a wonderful direction here in my new Utah home - Thanks for being a big part of all of it.  

Thank you for reading my newsletter this month.  Happy Valentines Day!!! 
 







Copyright © 2019 Cindy Briggs Designs, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are currently on my workshop and show mailing list.

Our mailing address is:
Cindy Briggs Designs
Riverwood Studio
Provo, UT 84604


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment