August 27, 2018

More from Brenda Brunello

Brenda Brunello has shared this further information on her art: 


Brenda Brunello

Artist Statement

"Art for arts' sake", an interesting thought  to ponder. For me creativity has taken many forms over the years starting with the creation of designer doll clothes at the age of six and moving on to drafting patterns and working with textiles to create one of a kind garments and objects through fabric manipulation while in high school.  Early on I was gifted with a camera opening my visual world to another dimension of creativity, one where film and time in the dark room led to visual manipulations of another realm.  Realism and distortion side by side in a tray of developer, both dependent upon the artistic  interpretation.  Fast forward to late in my career and a new found need and desire to create and interpret with other mediums whether they be pencils, pens, paints, mixed media......a little bit of this and that.  My interests are in nature, first and foremost, whether that be traditional landscapes, birds, flowers, animals, or whatever else strikes my fancy and holds my attention. That camera that I have held for so long becomes a tool for capturing thoughts, ideas, and moments in time that later become the subject matter for studies and paintings.   I use traditional materials including watercolors, acrylics, inks or oils to capture mood or moments in life. My paintings are a fusion of realistic and interpretive elements.  Often there is an element of whimsy as well.  My goal is to cause those who see my work to pause and look for the story within.




No comments:

Post a Comment