We're calling it "Dynamic Recycling" because we'll be using old paintings in a new way instead of pitching them.
Here is my list of things that participants should bring:
- 2 old paintings of similar size and color; subject matter can be similar or different, OR…if you can’t find your own to recycle, use mine! I have about 20 sets to choose from.
- Med to large scissors
- Bib apron or wear old clothes—this process can be messy
- Old paintbrush ¼” or so for spreading glue
- 12” or longer ruler
- Simple watercolor set and med brush or 2, for touch-ups to finished picture
I will supply:
- matte medium
- tacky glue
- glue cups
- a few flat boards for pressing glued surfaces (we’ll use magazines for the rest)
- wax paper for protecting magazines from glue
- approx.. 20 sets of pictures if participants want to use mine
- vinyl gloves