December 7, 2017

More from Alicia Schilder: she has a show or two to share! 
This from the Sandy Library Art Exhibit:

After 37 years of public school teaching in both regular education and special education, I retired to a life of “busy leisure,” which includes biking, hiking, skiing, pickle ball, yoga, travelling, and painting. Although I had dabbled in watercolor for 20 years, it was not until my retirement that I made time to get serious about acrylic fun, and finding my voice in playful exploration. This exhibition is primarily landscape, but I have also branched out into abstractions of people, places and ideas, as well as discovering different mediums, including sculpting mediums, collage materials, and weaving techniques.

I have participated in various Utah Watercolor Society exhibitions and small craft fairs. Currently, 5 of my abstracts are displayed for sale at the gift shop at the Utah Museum of Contemporary Art in downtown Salt Lake City. Contact me to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment