June 3, 2014

Bayou Country

There are a lot of people who have never seen the bayou and since I was there just a few weeks ago, I thought I would share some of my photos to show everyone what the bayou looks like.  

This first image was taken at the Blue Heron Nature Preserve.  Sort of looks more like a jungle than a preserve, but this was along the trail that took us to the lake, where the Blue Heron actually have their nests. 







This photo was taken along the trail also and I wanted to show you that even though this looks like a grassy meadow, it's actually a swamp complete with alligators.











This last image is of the nesting place where the Blue Heron land.  There were several alligators patrolling the lake but they were too far away for me to get a good photo, but one was stirring up the mud directly under the dock we were standing on.  

Wouldn't it be great to have a plein aire workshop in a location like this!

Photos are courtesy of Cindy Powell.  All rights reserved. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment